Rugby Boats has earned a reputation for honesty, integrity and care for the customer. Our core values are People Matter, Integrity, Honesty and Customer Satisfaction.
We sell narrowboats which are between mid to high end of the market. We do not sell ‘projects’, and the boats that we sell are ready to go. We are known for this, and take pride in this, and have an extensive list of subscribers to our website who are actively in the market looking for boats. Every time a new listing is put onto the site, each subscriber receives an alert email. Each boat is listed on Apollo Duck and also a video walkthrough placed on our well subscribed Youtube channel.
The feedback we get on our website is that it is market leading, and, generally speaking (there are of course exceptions), turnover of boats is rapid as a result.
Why choose us to sell your boat?
Thank you for the excellent service we received from you and your organisation when you sold Juniper for us in December.
We hoped for but did not really expect a quick transaction and to sell within a day was beyond our imagination.
The quality of service you provided was wonderful, from your accurate valuation to the assistance provided in delivering Juniper to your site, not to mention the very polished marketing.
All in all a very impressive performance and we would recommend you to anyone.
Once again thank you,
Graham and Sara
We just wanted to drop you an e-mail to say thank you for all your help & advice you gave us during our purchase of Juniper.
It was very kind of you to let us come back for a thorough look & enable us to talk to the previous owner to help us understand the electrics & fit-out.
Also, your help with completing the financial transactions & subsequently on the day we picked Juniper up, getting her ready for our collection.
It has been a pleasure dealing with you & your colleagues & we would not hesitate in using you again or recommending you to anyone else interested in either selling or purchasing a narrowboat.
Craig & Lucy
As you know it was Dominic who first valued Egret (and to be honest we thought he'd overpriced it a little, but as he'd successfully sold our previous boat we were happy to go along with his valuation).
By the time we'd finished our summer cruising, and were ready to sell, you had just taken over the business.
Before meeting you we obviously had to consider whether to sell through Rugby Boats as you were now an unknown quantity to us.
Any misgivings we may have had were quickly dispelled on meeting you as you came across as being honest about your experience and enthusiastic about your new business.
We must confess to some admiration for you on taking the risk to buy the business.
As we handed Egret over we had confidence that you would sell the boat but were prepared for it to take some time as it was then late in the year.
We never felt that we had to pester you or seek feedback from viewings, confident that you would get in touch when necessary.
When an offer was made we were happy in the way that a negotiated deal was agreed and the whole transaction completed in a stress free and professional manner.
Thankyou for a good job.
We wish both you and Claire the best of luck,
Vince and Sue
- A friendly, family run business offering an honest, polite and personal service
- Honest valuations with helpful advice
- Professional photography and detailed video tour of your boat
- Comprehensive sales brochure with your boats technical details and a clear layout plan
- Free mooring whilst on brokerage
- Trade plates available, so you do not need to licence your boat whilst on brokerage
From the very start of looking at boats they had for sale, to buying and then all the way through to our maiden voyage, we could not have asked for a better experience.
All of the boats we looked at at Rugby Boats are of excellent quality and are ready to live on immediately; something we didn't get when looking at other closeby marinas.
Super boats, super service and super people.
We will always be so thankful to James & Claire for helping us begin our waterway adventures with such ease.
- All viewings are lead by polite and knowledgeable personnel, with some time alone for potential buyers to really explore
- Viewings on demand, 7 days a week (when moored at our wharf)
- Sell from your mooring if necessary (but it is better to bring your boat here if possible)
- Boat moving service to our wharf if required
- Boat cleaning using external services if required and available
As a novice with a lot of questions, James and the team couldn't have been more helpful.
They are very welcoming and go out of their way to help in any way possible.
Thank you so much!
- Crane onsite for lifting narrowboats for full survey
- We work closely with Stowe Hill Workshop, another business that shares our wharf, to offer blacking and repairs if required (timing permitted)
- Separate Client Account for brokerage monies, prompt payment (usually on day of completion)
- Member of the British Marine Federation & British Retailers and Brokers Association
- Good geographical location, 10 minutes off the M1, in the Midlands ‘Brokerage Zone’, on the Grand Union main line
- For boats up to £70,000 our commission is 6%+VAT (minimum charge £1,500 + VAT), with discounts available for returning customers and higher value boats
From our point of view, this process has been a complete learning curve, as we have never purchased a boat before or had direct dealings with anyone who has.
So far, the level of service received from Rugby Boats, and in particular, from James and Paul, has been exemplary.
We had serious misgivings that the whole process would be akin to purchasing a replacement car or buying a house and were very concerned that the "dodgy dealer" aspect might be as prevalent in the boat world as it is in the second hand car market and property estate agents.
Fortunately, we have experienced none of these worries and have actually been very impressed with both the level of honesty and helpful support that has been shown by your company.
It came as a refreshing change to find that doing business with people for, relatively, quite large sums of money, could actually be a pleasurable process without the grief and frustration of any high pressure sales techniques or concealed agendas.
If the rest of our boating experience turns out to be only half as impressive as our introduction to this new adventure, then we shall still very glad we embarked upon this journey, which, will have been in no small part, attributable to the service we have received from Rugby Boats.
Our only comment regarding any changes you might make to improve this level of service is... don't bother, you are already ticking all of the boxes as far as we can see.
Good luck with your stand at Crick this year and we hope very much to make an appearance there ourselves to wish you well in person.
Mark & Jan
Please call us on 01327 342211 or complete the form below and we will call you to discuss further.